State of Florida Immunization Requirements
Florida law requires that students must have on file a Florida Certification of Immunization (DH Form 680) or have an exemption on file at their school.
To meet the requirements for a Florida Certification of Immunization, a child must have the following:
- At least four doses of the DTP or DtaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) vaccine with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday (otherwise, a fifth dose is required).
- At least three doses of polio (IPV/OPV) vaccine with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday (otherwise, a fourth dose is required).
- The MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine given on or after the first birthday with a definite recorded date. Proof of one dose is required for pre-school. Proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine is required for Kindergarten through 12th grade students.
- HIB (haemophilus influenza type b) vaccination for children under five years of age.
- Hepatitis B series is required to attend pre-school through 12th grade.
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, or documented history of the disease is required to attend pre-school through 8th grade.
- A second dose of Varicella (chicken pox) is required for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Students entering, attending or transferring into 7th through 12th grade will be required to have documented proof on a “Florida Certificate of Immunization” and they must have a Tdap (tetanus,diphtheria, pertussis) booster or a Td given within the last 2 years. All other vaccinations should be complete.
The required immunizations are available at your child’s Medical provider or the Duval County Health Department’s Immunization Center at 5222 North Pearl Street, (904-253-1420).
Transfer students Florida laws authorize school officials to permit transfers of students who present proof of measles vaccination to attend school up to 30 school days until their records can be obtained UNLESS the student is transferring into a grade covered by a policy for two doses of the MMR vaccine and/or documentation of Hepatitis B vaccine series or Varicella. Students transferring into 7th – 12th grades require an additional proof of a recent Tetanus-diphtheria booster.